Tonight I didn’t feel like eating meat. Maybe because I overreacted with meat-ing in the past couple of weeks. So when I was thinking of eating something fresh and tasty at the same time, I had this idea of making a sauteed veggie dish.
So using my kitchen knife I cut:
- 8 medium mushrooms
- 1 leek
- 4 green onions
…and sprinkled garlic powder and salt over them. I then heated 2 Tbsp olive oil in a large frying pan.
I put all vegetables in the pan and sauteed them for 5-6 minutes on medium heat, or until the mushrooms soaked a bit. I added in a bit more Himalayan salt because I like my food a bit more salty than average taste.
I ate them as they are and really enjoyed the flavored taste super fast dinner!
Hope you’ll enjoy them too! 🙂
I managed to obtain this nice AIP bread by using only 4 ingredients. I’m so proud of the recipe I could scream for joy! That’s because I needed a new bread replacement that I could use as basis for appetizers (I used to eat a lot of bread before, so I’m constantly researching and testing the AIP bread sector :).
Here are the ingredients I used:
- 1 cup plantain flour
- 1/2 cup filtered water
- 5 Tbsp olive oil
- pinch of salt
And here’s how I made the small breads:
- I first mixed the dry ingredients in a medium bowl (flour and salt) and then poured in 3 Tbsp of the olive oil. I mixed everything well and added in the water bit by bit and mixed continuously, until I obtained a dough that is ready to mold.
- I then formed small round shapes about the size of a nut, and used a parchment paper to flatten them in a shape that was as round as possible and the thickness of a straw (they need to be as thin as possible to make sure they cook well in the middle).
- In a larger frying pan, I put in another Tbsp olive oil and let it heat for a bit. I placed in the round dough breads and let them cook for 3 minutes on each side.
They’re very tasty to serve while still hot (warm) or at least the same day you make them. I used them for making bruschetta with prosciutto crudo but you can top them up with just about anything AIP compliant (guacamole, bacon, liver paté, etc).
They took me a total 20 minutes to prep, including frying.
Note! I tried to save them for the next day but they hardened a bit and were not so tasty like when I had cooked them. I suggest you eat them the same day you cook them.
I had this amazing AIP lunch today, made up of only 5 ingredients:
- 1/2 sweet potato
- 1/2 zucchini
- 1/2 cup leftover meat
- 1 Tbsp coconut oil
I tried this crazy-tasty combination and got myself a great fast lunch in just 15 minutes.
Here’s how I prepared it:
- I peeled the half sweet potato and grated it
- Peeled the half zucchini, took out the soft seeds middle part and grated it too. I also squeezed out all the water in it before cooking
- I heated 1 Tbsp coconut oil in a medium pan on medium heat
- I diced the leftover meat in small pieces
- I put in the sweet potato, the zucchini and the diced meat in the heated oil and sprinkled some salt. I cooked everything for about 3 minutes, or until the sweet potato softened
- I sprinkled over salt and some fresh parsley for extra flavor and voila!
All the process took me 15 minutes (preparing and cooking) and the result was really tasty!
After all this time on the AIP Elimination diet, tonight I felt like tasting something different. Something fried. And I mean something that tastes like junk fried… And so, after thinking it through, I came up with an AIP option that’s much better than any junk food!
I found chicken nuggets and sweet potatoes fried in duck fat, all flavored with AIP garlic mayo… The chicken has coconut and garlic crust and the sweet potatoes I can only say it turned out YUM 😋
It’s a very simple AIP dish, here’s how I made it! ❤
- 500 g (1 cup) chicken breast cut in smaller pieces (nuggets)
- 1/2 sweet potato
- 3 Tbsp coconut flour
- 1 Tbsp garlic powder
- 1 and 1/2 tsp himalayan salt
- 2 Tbsp ground thyme
- 5 Tbsp duck fat
- 8 cloves of garlic (for the mayo)
- 1 Tbsp olive oil (for the mayo)
- 1 or 2 Tbsp filtered water (for the mayo)
And here’s how I made the whole delish:
- I mixed the coconut flour, garlic powder, 1/2 tsp salt and 1 Tbsp thyme in a medium bowl, until they blended well.
- I put all the chicken nuggets in the bowl and covered them well in the dry ingredients to make sure the coating is even on every nugget.
- I cut the sweet potato in thin round slices, to make sure they cooks well in the middle. I sprinkled over all slices salt and the other Tbsp thyme I had left.
- I heated 2 Tbsp duck fat in a medium pan on medium heat (6th heat grade on my stove).
- I then put half the nuggets in the pan and cooked them for 4-5 minutes on each side, that is a tital of 9-10 minutes on both sides. You can check them out after 4 minutes, they might cook even faster depending on your heat.
- After they fried well on both sides, I placed them on a paper towel and continued the same with the next batch of nuggets. I added in another Tbsp duck fat to the pan to make sure they don’t stick to the pan.
- After I finished frying all nuggets, I placed the salted and thymed sweet potato slices to the pan, adding another Tbsp duck fat and fried them for 4-5 minutes on each side. Make sure they have space between them and check them from time to time so you can turn them on the other side if they get too crunchy on the sides.
- After finishing the first batch of sweet potatoes I repeated the process with the second and third batches, adding in extra duck fat to the pan in each batch.
And I served them all with AIP garlic mayonnaise, that I made like this:
- I mashed 8 cloves of garlic and added them to a small mixing bowl with 1/2 tsp himalayan salt and 1 tsp apple cider vinegar. I mixed all three ingredients until very well combined.
- I slowly drizzled 1 tsp olive oil and mixed continuously for a couple of minutes until I created an emulsion. I continue to drizzle another tsp olive oil mixing continuously
- I then added in one Tbsp filtered water and continued mizing until the mixture became homogeneous. If you like the mayonnaise less concentrated you can add another Tbsp water but remember to mix everything well.
P.S. I dipped the nuggets and the sweet potato chips in the mayo like there was no tomorrow, that’s how delicious the dish was!
Hope you enjoy my AIP dinner inspiration, feel free to ask any questions in the comments section! 🤠