A big shoutout to my mother, Gloria, who gets all the credit for this super-delicious AIP recipe. My mother is a great Romanian cook with an incredible sense of taste, so I am naming this recipe “Hearts & Gizzards a la Gloria”! ❤
Offal is highly recommended in the AIP diet, as it accelerates the gut healing process, so besides the healthy fats, gelatin, collagen and fermented foods, offal should be consumed at least weekly. You can also replace heavy types of meat with offal if you don’t tolerate red meat for example.
List of ingredients (measured in grams and ml):
- 500 g frozen spinach
- 500 g chicken hearts and gizzards
- 250 ml bone broth
- 2 Tbsp coconut oil
- 4 white onions
- 1/2 tsp ground turmeric
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 cup fresh parsley (chopped)
- 1 cup dill (chopped)
- salt (as per taste)
And here’s how to make the sensational dish:
- Heat the coconut oil in a larger pan o medium heat, then add in the chicken hearts and gizzards. Put a cover over the pot and add half of the bone broth in bit by bit. You need to let them cook with the cover until the hearts and gizzards tender well (you can test them with a fork, if they’re not cooked enough leave them a bit longer).
- When the offal is tender, add in the minced onion, stir well and let it cook for a couple of more minutes.
- You then add in the spinach and the other half of the bone broth, the chopped parsley, chopped dill, turmeric, ginger, vinegar and salt, stir and let everything cook for 2-3 more minutes.
And Voila! The Hearts & Gizzards a la Gloria are now set using this amazing Autoimmune Paleo recipe!
Enjoy and speedy healing! ❤