I’m so proud of this pizza recipe! I made some ingredient testing last night and I found the perfect AIP pizza formula that reminded me a lot of the tasty pizza I used to eat before the AIP diet (and that I used to love!).
Just note that I've been using eggs since I've been reintroducing both yolk and whites. So if you're still in the AIP Elimination Phase you can leave the eggs out of the recipe and it will still be tasty!
Here are the ingredients I used:
- 200 grams plantain flour – I used this flour from NuNaturals:
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- 150 ml water
- Pinch of salt
- 2 eggs (omit if in the Elimination Phase)
- 2 large mushrooms
- 8 slices prosciutto
- 6 olives
- arugula leaves
- nutritional yeast flakes
And here’s how I made the pizza:
- I preheated the oven at 400 F or 180 C.
- And I started to work on the crust like this: I mixed the plantain flour and the salt in a bowl and added in the olive oil to the mixture. I then added in the water bit by bit, while continuing to mix. What formed was a dough that was easy to mold.
- I placed the dough in a round baking pan pan lined with a baking sheet and – using another baking sheet that I put on top – I pressed the dough until I made it thin and even enough. Like this thin:
- I then removed the top baking sheet and set all the ingredients on the crust: I cracked the eggs and mixed together the yolk and the egg white in a separate bowl, and then poured the egg all over the pizza surface. Then added the prosciutto, sliced mushrooms and salt.
- I put the pan in the oven and let it bake for about 18 minutes. After 18 minutes, I took it out and added the sliced olives, the arugula leaves and sprinkled the nutritional yeast flakes on top. I then put it back in the oven and let it bake for another 2-3 minutes. So in total I baked it for about 20-21 minutes (I checked the crust a couple of times
I can’t describe the feeling of satisfaction I had when I took the pan out of the oven and saw the wonderful compliant Pizza I made! I’m a pretty modest person but cooking AIP always gives me such a rewarding feeling!
I’ve missed pizza so much and I’m so glad I found this Autoimmune Paleo diet recipe for one of my favorite foods!
Enjoy and speedy healing! ❤