I’m preparing some foods for tomorrow and wanted to try a new organic dessert. So I made AIP carrot cookies. They’re tasty, healthy and AIP compliant!
There ingredients I used are:
- 1 cup coconut flour
- 1/3 cup arrowroot flour
- 1 Tbsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp baking soda (gluten-free)
- 1/2 tsp Himalayan salt
- 4 Tbsp honey (I used organic acacia but you can use any type of honey)
- 1 Tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup coconut oil (melted)
- 2 Tbsp gelatin (for the gelatin egg)
- 1/2 cup filtered water
- 1 cup grated carrots
And here’s how I made the cookies:
- I preheated the oven at 350 F or 180 C and lined a baking pan with parchment paper.
- I mixed all the dry ingredients in a medium sized bowl (coconut and arrowroot flour, cinnamon, salt, baking soda and ginger) and set it aside.
- I then mixed the liquid ingredients in another medium sized bowl (honey, vanilla, coconut oil and apple cider vinegar). I blended them using a hand mixer.
- I then prepared the gelatin by putting the 1/2 cup water into a medium pot and slowly sprinkling over the 2 Tbsp gelatin, easy, to make sure it didn’t create any clumps. I let it bloom for about 5 minutes.
- I then mixed the dry ingredient bowl into the liquid ingredient one and used a hand mixer to blend well. I added in the grated carrots in the mixture and blended again to make everything look like a dough.
- After the 5 minutes of the gelatin passed, I put the pot on low heat and left it for another 2 minutes until all the gelatin dissolved.
- I then poured all the gelatin liquid into the dough and blended using the hand mixer on high, until it became homogeneous.
- I then used my hands to turn the dough into a big ball shape and placed it on a parchment paper to even it up. I then used another parchment to put on top and slowly roll out until the dough bowl turned into a circle-like flat form, about 1 inch thick.
- I used a larger glass to cut the cookie shapes from the dough and used a spatula to put them in my baking pan.
- I baked them for 40 minutes on the middle grill of the oven (if you place the pan on the lower grill of the oven they will burn out).
The result made me so happy, I wish I could eat them right not but I have to save them for tomorrow 🙂