Garlic is one of my favorite flavors! It’s incredibly healthy, keeps the flu away and it gives a special, unique taste to any food. In the AIP diet, with all the food restrictions I had to cope with, garlic has been my savior many times, as I eat a lot of meat, which needs flavor.
In this article we’re not talking about meat, but about offal, which is allowed in the AIP and Paleo diets, and my favorite type of offal is the chicken liver.
So I decided to fry the chicken liver in a more original way, that is with garlic flavor.
Here’s what I used:
- 800 g chicken livers
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp granulated oregano
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
Here’s how I’ve done it:
- I mixed all the dry ingredients together in a bowl (coconut flour, garlic powder, oregano and sea salt), until well combined
- I then tossed the chicken livers one at a time, to coat well in the mixture.
- I heated the coconut oil on medium heat in a frying pan and placed the first batch of livers inside, making sure I left a bit of distance between them.
- I left them for 3,5 minutes on one side and used a pot cover to make sure they smoother well.
- After 3,5 minutes I turned them on the other side and used the pot cover again.
- I repeated the process for the remaining livers, adding more coconut oil to the pan as needed.
They turned out delicious! You can serve them with raw salad or any other side of your choice.